You can hire a little or a lot of me depending on your budget. The process
begins in the same way.
My architectural services
range from a few hours of consulting up to providing full construction documents.
With the expertise attained in designing over 50 homes, my “full
get you the best product possible, with the least amount of worry and stress.
Site planning, schematic design and lighting are the most important elements
in the design of a new home. These elements are key to getting the most out of
your budget and ensuring the overall esthetic of your dream home.
Remodeling, and designing additions, pose unique problems that benefit from
my experience in having done over 400 of these projects. I often solve
design problems without the need for new space, thus saving overall costs.
Kitchens are especially complex and the depth of my experience brings
all the details together in an overall design solution.
I can fix problem areas of your home so they function better. I can
also critique a plan that you received from a builder or draftsperson
that you are not quite sure about. A few hours with an experienced residential
architect, like myself, will be well worth your time.
Rural land planning on large acreages can be confusing with all the zoning
codes and costs. Roger Tomten and I were some of the pioneers of cluster
housing design in Washington County. We can analyze your situation and
show you creative options for an affordable price before you start paying
expensive surveyors and engineers.
|Here are some of the things
I can do to help make your project a success:
- Identify utilities, check zoning, review legal survey and
- Study contours, soils, solar, trees, views,
- Discuss needs, wants and dreams of clients
- Budget review
- Integrate design ideas with site and look
at optional concept plans
- Draw out workable solution @ 1/8” scale
plans, elevations, section
- Integrate structure, heating, plumbing,
- Proceed to 1/4” scale and release
- Contact and help interview builders
- Conduct ongoing square foot cost analysis
- Complete working drawings and detailing
- Site plan, floor plans, elevations, sections,
specs and electricals
- HVAC, cabinetry, structural engineering,
- Final client review, check set, final printing
- Distribution of prints, review bids
- Review construction cost
- Make revisions as needed to attain budget
- Review project schedule
- Visit site to observe construction
- Discuss completion / move in date